DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Mushrooms are in season and the evenings are cool. It's the perfect time for mushroom risotto! Quick and easy, it's a perfect week night meal.
Mushrooms are in season and the evenings are cool. It's the perfect time for mushroom risotto! Quick and easy, it's an ideal weeknight meal.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup Arborio rice
1 cup white wine
3 cups hot chicken stock (use vegetable stock to make this risotto vegetarian!)
2 tablespoons butter
1 sprig of rosemary, loosely chopped
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onions in olive oil until softened.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until softened.
- Add the rice and keep stirring until rice looks slightly golden, approx 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir until absorbed.
- While constantly stirring, add hot stock 1/2 cup at a time, making sure each addition is incorporated before adding more. This process will take approximately 15 minutes.
- When all the stock has been added, risotto will look creamy. Stir in butter.
- When you're reading to serve, add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
- Top with the remaining parmesan and rosemary.