DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
These tasty fritters are an easy way to get the kids interested in eating veggies! Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, this flavoursome dish has stacks of fibre and Australian made Australian grown ingredients.
- 3 (about 400g) medium zucchini
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 40g (1/2 cup) parmesan, finely grated, plus extra to serve
- 3 spring onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Pukara Estate olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sour cream, to serve
- Trim the ends from zucchini. Coarsely grate the zucchini. Place in a colander and squeeze out as much excess moisture as possible. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in self-raising flour, parmesan, spring onions, egg, parsley, oregano, salt and nutmeg.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Drop three portions of zucchini mixture into pan. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining olive oil and remaining zucchini mixture. Serve with grated parmesan or sour cream.