DifficultyEasy - Med - Hard
Hearty vegetable soup
Nothing hits the spot like a nice warm bowl of hearty vegetable soup on a chilly evening! Try our nutritious recipe packed with flavour and fresh locally sourced ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 shortcut rindless bacon rashers, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, trimmed, chopped
- 1/2 (600g) cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 1 cup dried mini penne pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 5 minutes or until bacon is golden. Add zucchini, carrot, celery and cauliflower. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to brown.
- Add tomato, stock and 2 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add pasta. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in basil. Serve!